- Today the kids break up for half term and I am really looking forward to doing some fun things with them over half term - one place we really enjoy is Eureka, an interactive science museum over in West Yorkshire so we are going to have a fun day out there (unless we get the snow they are supposedly predicting!!)
- I now help out in the school, just for an hour a week with 2 classes and do their library books which I am really enjoying
- I have decided it is high time I get my act together and sort something further out for Little Man with his education. Work is a little too quiet at the moment for my liking, however it is giving me the chance to properly research just what help is available for ADHD and his education. The school have been so supportive, and very honest - ADHD is not a recognised disability and his autism is only mild so he would not qualify for a statement - or would he? I need to properly look into it. We recon he is 2 years behind on his writing, spelling and maths - although he can now read and reads quite well, the only words he can spell correctly, consistently are things like 'the', 'and' and when doing the basic phonics with Mini Man, it became apparent that at 8, Little Man still doesn't know them - he had no idea what sound 'ai', 'eu', 'ou' etc make. A friend has apparently been in to speak to the school about her 2 as they are behind and asked to see the pink and the greys. I have no idea what this means and she is now away for nearly 3 weeks so any teachers out there if you can explain, please do, and also if it would apply to my son who is on IEPs and classed as SEN.
- Work is very quiet and yes I am getting a bit twitched about it however it has also given me the chance to get on top of a lot of things which makes me happier in general!
- At the grand old age of 38, I have eventually realised that if you do a little bit of housework daily, you can keep on top of it :)
- I have joined gymophobics to make myself feel better about myself and get the tone back in my figure - its £30.00 a month so although not cheap, it is affordable compared to other gyms in the town which were between £68.00 to £85.00 for off peak membership. I am really enjoying it. I am also rethinking what I eat with the help of the weight watchers online app so I track every mouthful and it has really made me re-evaluate things so here's to a leaner, healthier me.
- I love this time of year, I love all seasons but I can sit in my office and look down our street and the trees are beautiful colours, I see little kids playing in the leaves, when the sky is blue and the air really crisp, my 2 arrive at school rosy cheeked and full of beans, and the air smells all autumny - wood burners on, bonfires etc
Pop over to Mummyfromtheheart if you have reasons to be cheerful (although may need to revise that as think it is being hosted by someone else at the moment!) x