My reason this week are as follows:
- I have just spent 5 days in Sweden at a conference but managed to get a couple of hours to see the city of Stockholm, the weather was nice and I hopefully made a few useful contacts for additional work.
- I am back home after my trip away and back with my boys and there is nothing in the world that can beat that. I hate being away and miss them a hell of a lot more than they miss me. really this should be my number 1 reason to be cheerful but it kind of doesn't flow right if it goes first!
- I think my Little Man is getting the knack of reading, he has suddenly started to understand the concept of spelling and letter sounds and is going beyond just sounding the words out. He still has a long way to go but I don't care as long as he gets there in his own time and we can keep his confidence up.
- I have taken a positive step towards getting rid of my mummy tummy once and for all and toning up - Last night I joined Closer Diets online. It has cost me £22.00 for an 8 week kick start your diet plan and they have sent me a progress thing where I enter my weight once a week and a meal planner. It hasn't got off to the best of starts as in my tiredness I entered today as my start day and need to do the shopping but there was no way I could get to the supermarket today. I tried my best and substituted things for other days in for today. My tea was disgusting though, I think my cous cous has gone off as it had a very distinctive musty taste to it and I am sure it shouldn't of tasted like that!
- I have also set myself a new challenge, well t'husband and me, and I signed both of us up today for the Edinburgh half marathon in April 2012! This is a big thing for me who can run no further than the end of the drive so I really have my work cut out but I am not one to back away from a challenge which is why I signed us up. Both myself and t'husband keep moaning about middle age spread and lack of fitness so now we have no choice but to do something about it. I am really exited as well as it has always been a secret ambition of mine to be able to run and complete something like that.