So what 5 things do I want to do with the boys this summer, the list could be endless if I allowed it!
- Have fun! Last year I was working full time so t'other half and I use to try and take at least 1 day a week each so they only had to do clubs or the childminders 2 days one week and 3 days the next etc. That worked really well though as we did loads with them being very aware that we were not around everyday if you follow that, so I want to ensure that this year summer doesn't slip by doing the normal mundane things. I want to take the kids to all my old childhood summer holiday haunts now we are back in Yorkshire.
- Visit the Beach more - we are about an hour and a half from the coast and went yesterday and had a really fabulous day and we should make more time to go over there, the boys had a great time.
- Take the boys horse-riding, a passion of mine but one they seem quite keen to try as well.
- T'husband and I have been married 10 years in September and we are not going away on holiday this year. I am trying to work out if we could afford a long weekend to Malta which is where we went for our honeymoon. We would take the boys as we won't be having a holiday and they are desperate to go on a plane, just hope I get some more work in and we can make it a reality.
- Go camping! Now t'husband is the most un-camping type person there is, so this could be a challenge but I am determined and have recently discovered Rent-a-tent on the internet so we don;t even have the excuse of not having the right equipment. It will be interesting to see how t'husband copes though as he is Mr Gadget/techno king and is never away from an electronic device so will probably suffer major withdrawal symptoms, might have to have plenty of alcohol for medicinal purposes obviously!
And finally to anyone who is reading if I don't comment on your list it is not for want of trying, my blog is a little broke me things, I can't comment on some blogs, others I can and it seems not everyone can comment on mine, so please bear with me while I try to mend it or do something about it! Thanks :)