- In the last 7 days I have spent some real quality time with my 2 little men, after a couple of months of hard work and little time. We have been to Pizza hut for a treat, on a mini road trip, tramped through woods, scaled wooden climbing frames, sailed remote control boats, been out cycling, watched a DVD together (a rare occurrence), baked, visited Grannie and Grandad, blown bubbles in the garden, played football, had lazy mornings snuggling in our bed and generally had good fun.
- In the last 7 days I have also caught up some some very old, very good friends, starting this time last week with the visit of BareNakedMummy and her family, Saturday with a mutual friend of BNM's and mine from Uni days and her family, then the boys and me popped back down to our old town in the Sauff of the country and saw the boys old childminder who is a good friend, the boys god parents, old neighbours 2 of whom are in their 80's and were over the moon to see the boys and told me they thought of them as their own as they had known them since birth, and then yesterday went out with one of my oldest friends and her 2 kids. I love seeing old friends.
- I am also incredibly thankful not to be living in a town where the mindless yobs of our society today are rampaging through. My thought go out to all the families affected. We had a minor brush with some trouble in Watford on Tuesday night when we should of stayed in the town centre Travelodge, but I fled after an hour to a friend's floor as I was worried about the amount of gangs stood around outside and the fighting between some in the street, plus the jeering and shouting which was unsettling the boys. After what had happened elsewhere I did not want to stick around to see if it escalated further.
- I am really looking forwards to a lovely family weekend with the boys and t'husband. We have nothing special planned but we always try and go off and do something with the boys.
- My niece has finally found her feet and is feeling very proud of herself!
Friday, 12 August 2011
Reason to be cheerful
I love doing this post on a weekly basis and evaluating my week, and sharing it. My reasons this week to be cheerful are as follows: