- I saw some of my closest friends this weekend. 17 years ago BareNakedMummy, my husband, Kitty, her husband M and I all started at Uni together, who would of thought 17 years later we would all be meeting up with our own kids playing together! BareNakedMummy was on her hols in my neck of the woods last week and after they left their cottage they came over and had a sleep over at ours, curry and wine. Mini Man is now apparently betrothed to Car, and Little Man was obviously very taken with the lovely Bel as he even let her not only look at his treasure tin and box of club penguin toys but actually touch and play with them. The following day Kitty, M and kids came and joined us and we all had a massive brunch together.
- I had another really good month workwise in July and although I am very quiet this month and probably will only earn a couple of hundred, June and July income has more than covered me, and made me very happy indeed.
- I was asked with 4 days notice to go to Vancouver to cover a meeting for someone who could no longer attend. Sadly I only saw the meeting rooms and hotel while being in Vancouver but I did get upgraded to first class and was very, very impressed. If only I could always fly like that!
- Not only did I get paid well for attending the meeting and enjoy luxury travel, I was then sent a case, yes 12 bottles of wine to say thank you for stepping in at such short notice, which was very unexpected.
- Little Man has been given the official Autistic Spectral Disorder label and within a week of it seems to have taken on the attitude of 'yeah right, I'll show you all' and has progressed in not just leaps and bounds but more like long jumps and high jumps. In the last few weeks he has done more to astound us than we can think of such as bringing himself out of a melt down over us mentioning we are taking the carpet up for wood flooring, letting someone else look AND play with his prized possessions, going to a girl's party and participating in everything which resulting in t'husband arriving to pick him up and finding him sporting an electric green hair extension, electric blue mascara, eyeshadow and matching nail polish, 2 manly tattoos on his arm and some lip gloss (last time I go away with work and leave the boys with t'husband!!). He won;t normally even let you put hair gel in or have his face painted, and finally he agreed to try something new without any pre-preparation!
- We are in a position to get a little more work done on the house.
- I am taking the boys for an overnight stay in a travel lodge in our old town to catch up with some old friends tomorrow.
- T'husband is working in Cambridge next Monday so we are going to all go down on the Saturday morning and stay in a B&B or travel lodge, and make a weekend of it, and by pure coincidence a very good friend who is away in Switzerland at the mo is home that weekend and not flying back until the Monday evening.
Monday, 8 August 2011
Reasons to be cheerful
Well I am back yet again, after yet another period of silence and inactivity on my blog. However this can only be a good thing as it means I have been busy with work. I have loads of reasons to be cheerful this week and was desperate to find the time to share them, so here goes: