Monday 12 November 2012

Sleepless nights - will I be sent to prison!!

OK so November has turned into a disaster when it comes to my November challenge which is an arse but do you know what, I am not stressing - before I would have been really uptight and upset I had not had time to post, but now, I just think I can only do what I can do.

So far this month though I have had to deal with the following:

  • Major problem with a meeting for work which I had to deal with by myself
  • Attend a 3 day meeting in Italy which again I had to do the final leg work for as other 2 team members went away over half term
  • Start the writing up of the meeting - now been told they want it in 2 formats - very time consuming but hey, more money for me
  • A joint 6 year old birthday party and cake to prepare for
  • Packing husband off for a weekend away and spending some fab, quality time with my boys
  • Treasurers report for the PTA AGM meeting taking place next week*.

* To some that may not seem like a big issue however, this is something that has really piddled me off, Last year I offered to help the school PTA, first meeting I attend, I am trying to look all enthusiastic but my reaction to hearing my name being sworn in as the new treasurer was probably not the best. I was assured by many present it didn't matter I worked full time and often went away for meetings at very short notice. I wasn't actually formerly asked to do this. I said I would help which was translated into 'lets nominate her for treasurer and if we do it at the meeting in front of anyone she wont really have a choice'.

The last treasurer has not really handed over to me very well. She was an accountant so it was obvious to her but I have no idea what I am doing and now she is working full time again, I don't see her around and she ignores texts and emails, so I am floundering. Anyhow, 2 days ago I was sent a load of excel spreadsheets and told these needed to be up to date and I needed to present a treasurers report and also submit one to the school and have it properly checked by an accountant.

WHAT! Spreadsheets I had not been passed so I am now swimming in receipts, and paperwork. yes I have kept everything, noted all cheques and invoices paid but not on spreadsheets or the same way so I am now totally confused, and panicking which is making it worse. Honest to god, I couldn't sleep last night thinking it was not going to add up or something and I would be done for embezzlement and sent to prison (I'm not joking).

On that note I need to get on with it!

1 comment:

Jazzygal said...

Sounds overwhelming to me! Step by step though, you'll get there. And ye, step down next AGM!

xx Jazzy