So from today onwards, I am going to be doing a Frugal Friday post of my week. If anyone has any other ideas please, please do share them or what you are doing to try and save the pennies as I think I have a lot to learn!
Here is my list for this week:
- Did my weekly shop in Asda rather than Sainsburys - so far I did spend less
- I find I have to get things like bread and milk daily/every other day, so instead of taking my wallet, I just took enough money for milk and bread
- I sorted my freezer and have been really chuffed with what I have made from it
- Monday - I had some left over rice which I made into a savoury rice with mushroom, peas and corn and a little seasoning and soy sauce and we had with some fish I had in
- Tuesday - I found a large bag full of left over turkey and ham from New Years Day so defrosted it and made a rather nice turkey and ham pie, if I do say so myself, even t'husband ate it without complaint. I made the pastry myself as well.
- with some diced lamb I made some kebabs, Mini Man doesn't like mushroom or pepper so I stuck chunks of carrot on his stick, looked odd but he didn't complain, I then did a homemade BBQ sauce and some wedges with these
- Boys eat at Grannie and Grandad's on a Thursday so I used lots of veg in the fridge and did roasted veg tossed in olive oil, a little chilli, garlic and pepper which were lovely for us
- I have defrosted some chicken for tonight - not sure what I will do with it yet!
- So this week I have used only what I have had in my cupboards and freezer :)))