But this week I have many reasons to be cheerful - please read reason number 5 if you cant be bothered with reading the rest!
- I have found my blogging chi again, it was last seen running away into the sunset and has taken a long time to return to me but it is back!
- We have reached a critical point in our finances which has been a shock to the system, however rather than finding this depressing, I actually see it as a good thing - yes I am mad, my brain has been pickled by all the wine drinking, but on a serious note, I have long been aware our spending was getting a bit out of control and have simply not been strong enough to stand up to t'husband and his wants. Now however we have to face it and I am pleased, we have done it before and managed to pay 6 grand off so I am not worried about doing it again. it can only be a good thing.
- Work is flowing in at the moment, bit too much so I am having to work evenings but it is so worth it. I have my regular work with agency 1 who is not doing as well as they were so I have been concerned they could maintain the amount of money I like to earn. I also do work for agency 2 who I use to be employed by and this is increasing slowly but surely rather than the odd bit of support I gave then, I seem to now be part of the team for a project. And then I managed to secure some work for a well know nutritional company and do a project for them and there has been a hint they will use me again, and I am doing a small job for a fourth client, so it is all coming together. I also had an interview with Yorkshire Cancer research about doing some work for them in the coming months!
- I ran up the big hill by our house, first time ever so feel very good about that
- My final reason is all thanks to Michelle, the founder of this fab linky, and blogger at Mummy from the heart, who last year had a massive blog giveaway in which I won a half day spa experience with the Imagine spa chain. As I live near Knaresborough this was perfect as there is an the Imagine Spa at The Dower House hotel in Knaresborough. I am ashamed to say due to personal reasons, lack of time management and a lot of work I have been moving this week by week through my diary thinking 'I just haven't got time, I will book it next week' & have been doing that for a year. On Monday I noticed it expired on Thursday 14th March so I rang them and thought Sod it. Since my blogging chi returned home, it also seems to have brought back with it confidence & a little bit of sense in that I need a break from work - working for myself means I rarely leave the house (other than school runs), and don't get much interaction with people/professionals. I spent 4 very blissful, unguilty hours yesterday at the Imagine Spa. I started with paperwork & changing into a my swimming costume & a thick warm robe, followed by a coffee & magazine & foot spa. I then had a fabulous deep tissue back, neck & leg massage - god it was bliss! Following this I had a sauna, followed by 10 minutes in the steam room, a monsoon shower, another foot spa and a 40 minute swim which totalled 100 lengths of a 10 meter pool. I finished my day with 20 minutes relaxing in the spa pool. I felt like a different woman at the end of it. I had the best nights sleep ever! I just wish I could do it regularly, wouldn't life be grand to be a lady of leisure who did manage that weekly!