- I got a very warm fuzzy feeling when my Little Man walked into the playground the other morning and for the first time ever in his 3 years at school (4 years if you include nursery) was standing in a group of children holding a conversation and comparing backugans (or whatever they are called), they could of been comparing stones for all I cared, its the best social interaction I have ever seen and I wanted to whip my phone out and video it. Then to cap off my warm fuzzy feeling this week I have noticed not 1, not 2 but many children saying hello and goodbye to Little Man and he has actually responded in the appropriate manner and even called 2 by their name! it is not just a step forward for us, it is a leap into the unknown. A very happy, proud mummy.
- I was coerced into becoming treasurer for the school PTA on Monday. Now I know I was thinking of enquiring about it and asked one of the other mum's if she knew what the role involved, but I had actually decided I might not have the time to commit to it. She however mentioned me to the PTA and I was surrounded in the playground and 15 minutes later was stood thinking 'uh oh, I am now treasurer'. I am concerned as working for myself if work drops in it will take priority and I hate letting people down. However, I am also secretly excited as I could do with a new injection of people to meet and something to get my teeth into. Now that I work from home, i don't really get the social contact I would like so I am looking forwards to it.
- I was phoned at the beginning of the week by a new company asking about my availability for reporting a meeting in Copenhagen next week. Today I found out it hasn;t been approved by the client so I am not getting the work BUT this is a new company and they said they were very impressed with the questions I asked about the work, my quote for doing it, the way I made myself so available and that they will definitely put me to the top of their freelancer list for future projects, so I feel pretty good. just sending my CV out does seem to be generating leads and work.
- I am having my hair cut tomorrow for the first time in about a year. I had the worst cut of my life about 18 months ago which has taken this long to grow out and I am really excited. If there is one thing I love, it is having my hair cut. I love someone playing with it, washing it, cutting it, drying it and making me feel good. it use to be my one luxury. How the hell as a student did I ever manage to afford to travel home on the train over 80 miles every 2 months just to go to my favourite hairdresser who even back then (hem 15 years ago now) was 35 quid for a hair cut?
- On Saturday 14th of May I walked the London Moonwalk in aid of Breast Cancer research in 7 hours. it is a power walk marathon and I am really proud of myself and friend for doing it. I did it last year as well. This year we raised just over £1000.00 between 2 of us which I think is brilliant. Ia m blown away by peoples kindness.
Thursday, 19 May 2011
Reasons to be cheerful 1, 2 ,3 ........
This week I have felt really contented, really happy and contented which I haven't felt for a long time and I don't know why. Nothing has changed really, we've not really done anything different but I just feel really contented so that in itself is a reason to be cheerful, but I am going to list a few things I have really enjoyed this week.