Last week Kate set a few challenges which were as follows:
- Setting a morning aside to have your favourite breakfast and enjoy it. - I did this on Saturday and had a bacon buttie with t'husband, with brown sauce and it was yum.
- Writing a word, a sentence of paragraph about something good about yourself. - now I looked at this last week and honestly could not think of anything I liked about myself and instead went down the route of listing everything I hated about myself and set myself a challenge of by Christmas changing that, changing the things I didn't like and making them positive. They were as follows:
- waste far too much time
- don't get enough sleep
- don't look after myself
- don't feel attractive any more
- no confidence
- comfort eats
- I am a good mum, who loves her boys more than life itself and will do anything for them
- I love a challenge, set me one and I am all out to prove I can do it.
- I am VERY determined - this struck me last night as I was running. Running has never been my forte, but I was set s challenge of running the Edinburgh half marathon next year, and last night I completed a 4.5 mile run which I never dreamt I could do, ever, and it is sheer determination that is making me push myself.
- I love helping, I will do anything for my friends to help them out, or family, and often forget about me in the process.
- I am nice, probably too nice but I always see the good in people, I never see the worst, and always try to give the benefit of the doubt.
So back to getting my groove back, what have I done this week?
Well as mentioned I have continued the running and I am enjoying it. I am slightly scared that without the dog pulling me along I won't be able to do as much but the way I see it each time I go further with the dog it is building my stamina up so it all helps. I also have been trying to go to bed earlier. I went to a wedding reception on Saturday night with t'husband and we sat and chatted and drank together, my brother and sis in law were there so had a chat and boogie with them, and it was good fun. I also set time aside to catch up on Strictly Come Dancing last night while t'husband played his game.
I am getting there, I have a long way to go, as I seriously need to start liking myself, finding my confidence and getting myself back out there but it all takes time and is better to do it as small steps.
I am glad I didn't write this post yesterday as it would of all been doom and gloom as I had a v bad day yesterday starting with 2 naughty boys before school that had me at the end of my tether by drop off, and then following the poo incident on Sunday, within 5 minutes of being in the playground yesterday Little Man was broadcasting it everywhere and really highlighted to me his lack of social skills when some of the other boys started teasing him and one was quite nasty and Little Man didn't even realise. That really set me off on a downer, I worry so much about him, and yet he is so oblivious which I know is a good thing, however for the rest of the day I felt rubbish, comfort ate and did very little work instead mucking round and procrastinating. This is what I have got to stop. I have to stop one incident affecting my whole day.
I hope everyone else has had good weeks x