Monday 20 February 2012

Blogger Q & A

Kate on Thin Ice has tagged me in a Q & A meme.  The idea is that the person who tags you makes their own set of questions that they want answered.  Then once you've answered them, you get to make up your own questions and tag your own favourite bloggers to answer them!  That way...it never goes stale.
 Here are the questions that I am asked to tackle.
   
1. If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about mums' lives today, what would it be and why?
Cheaper childcare and more flexible working patterns (although these are always improving). All companies should make a provision or join together with other companies to help out with a childcare centre which is subsidised. Having a woman back in the work place, relaxed and able to do her job well must be more cost effective than employing someone new and getting the same level of experience.

2. How many hours or minutes of housework do you do per day?
Hum that depends on how busy I am with work - I clean my kitchen daily and my bathroom as a matter of course, but then I make beds daily, tidy clothes and toys daily, clean up after breakfast and tea daily which all counts, and I seem to be on a endless merry-go-round of picking up and tidying - he cushions appear to like life better on the floor and somehow 'jump' off the sofa by themselves as soon as put them back on.

3. If you could change careers, what would you change to?
I would invest in a sandwich shop/cafe and also do cakes as a sideline or something arty

4. What is your favourite cocktail?
Sex on the beach

5. What is your claim to fame?
I was on BBC breakfast a few years ago to help promote a Fairy campaign for premature babies, I have also sat and spent a whole night drinking with Chris Moyles and team and just thought they were friendly guys and didn't realise who they were - durrhhh.

6. What is the quirkiest object in your home?
That's a hard one - I have a wooden picture of people of and mud huts all carved into wood, which I love, I then have loads of quirky things which i have picked up on my travels, like a lump of lava from Mount Etna, a traditional Guatemalan ashtray, a tiny pig candle light holder, a Chinese ornament that use to be my Grannie's and came from the ship my grandfather grew up on (his father was a captain and sailed the world and had his family on board with him),

7. Charity Shop Or Designer Boutique?
Charity shop, I love the idea of designer boutiques but then get in there think the clothes are not worth the money and often find them all a bit odd!

8. How many hours of the day are you away from your own house?
NEVER! No I lie a 5 minute walk to school in the morning and again at 3,30 and that is about it, I live and work in the same place which I am beginning to feel is not the best situation as appealing as it sounds at first.

9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Wine and a red hot bath with a book

10. Retro or Modern?
Depends what it is  I like both dependent on situation

11. What is the one challenge you are most proud of overcoming?
Running, I have never been able to run more than 100 yards and can now do 4 miles comfortably - this I need to increase quite rapidly if I am ever to run a half marathon in April - eek.

So I now have to think of 11 questions and tag 11 bloggers - so lets see

1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favourite time of day and why?
3. If you could set yourself a challenge this year what would it be?
4. What would be your dream destination for a holiday?
5. Gold or silver?
6. What is your biggest achievement?
7. If you could have your time again would you change anything?
8. Do you have any regrets?
9. If you have a big birthday approaching, have you got anything you want to achieve before it?
10. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you did?
11. What has been your most embarrassing moment?

Now I tag:
A matter of choice
ChickenRuby
ApplesandAutobots
Barenakedmummy
Deb at Aspieinthefamily
TheWoodland Watcher

3 comments:

Tessa, aka Mama Apples said...

Oh my goodness! Nice questions! I can't wait to answer--but give me a week or so!

Kateonthinice said...

Wonderful answers. I knew you would have lots of quirky and interesting things. Amazing how a long bath becomes such a luxury once you are a mother. Well done on the running. I am extremely impressed and envious on that one. The being stuck in the house resonates with me which is probably why I asked the question. It is possible our questions say more about us than our answers sometimes. Thanks again.

Woodland Watcher said...

I'm feeling you on number 8, and I somehow misread 9 as 'Wine and a bath with a red hot book'! ;)
Thanks for the tag - I'll have a go as soon as I can this week...