Sunday 8 April 2012

A-Z Challenge G is for ........

Groovy Mums
If you haven't heard about Groovy Mum's then please do check it out and join in. Back in September Kate over at Kate on Thin Ice started Groovy mums - this is her explanation (blatant plagiarism here Kate so apologies but you explain it so much better than me!).

Kate's wording:
Have you ever felt one or more of the following …
1. You lack time to do your own thing
2. You have forgotten what you like
3. You can’t quite remember who you are
4. You feel frumpy, fat and/or old
5. You feel you never put yourself first
6. Your energy and joie de vivre has gone
7. You are not sure what the future holds
8. You feel powerless
9. You feel isolated
10. You sense something is missing
I felt most of these things when I established the #groovingmums blog hop and Twitter support group.
I was amazed that by sharing my feelings, I seemed to help others on their own individual journeys towards a more positive future. To read the full description see here

So to get to this weeks challenges which I love as they give me focus

1. Body - Do you use or would you consider using complementary therapies?  Is it time you looked into them further? 

Yes I was very ill as a teenager with post viral syndrome/ME/chronic fatigue syndrome. It was at the time little was known about it and it was deemed 'yuppie flu'. I discovered though it was very real and some days could not even climb a flight of stairs. I was one of the lucky ones and started to make a recovery after 5 years or so. I underwent every test known to man, had more blood taken then I had in my body I think and got the stage where at 16 my dad had to physically manhandle me into the car to gt me to hospital appointments as I refused to go and had no faith in them. As a last resort they took me to a homoeopath. At an ill, stroppy teenager who wasn't well enough to start going to parties, it was the last place I wanted to me. But that man was a genius. Maybe I was just ready to get better, who know but within a year I was a different person. I used homoeopathy and acupuncture and would always try and alternative medicine now. My eldest son has aspergers and ADHD and we attended the London Homeopathic hospital for 6 months to see if it can help. Alternative medicine is not for everyone and there are certain things I believe traditional medicine is essential for, but I would certainly recommend giving it a go.

2. Mind - Have a think about what topic/s you would like to see covered in the next Groovy Mums Twitter Party and let me know via comment, tweet, dm or email to kateonthinice@gmail.com
This is one I will continue to think about - I think it will just be nice to be able to sit and chat to other people trying t find their groove and themselves again.

3. Spirit - Easter is just around the corner.  What does it mean to you?  I am planning a little bit of fun on Easter Sunday but more of that later.
To me Easter is another excuse for a family occasion. it is Easter Sunday today and we have spent the day at my Mum and Dad's for a family meal with my brother and his family. The kids had an Easter egg hunt and it was lovely. We started the day with church and a church Easter egg hunt so the boys have lots of choc to get through (or should that read mummy has lots to get through?). I have surprised myself as well as now the boys are older I was determined they should know the true reason we celebrate Easter as well. Easter Saturday we spent at a friends for a little do which was great as well.

4. Blogging - Check out some of the nominees for the MAD Blog Awards by clicking here http://www.the-mads.com/ and don't forget it is not too late to nominate your blog or the ones you love.  What I love about the awards shortlists is how they make you discover new blogs and then new blogging pals.  There is a badge in my sidebar if you would like to vote for me.  There is absolutely no pressure though.  I would much prefer to be nominated on merit and not to have to sell my soul.
As you know I have voted, there are so many to choose from and some great ones as well.

5. Charity Connections - This week, if you have not already done so please join the Charity Connections Group over on http://britmums.com and please read this positive post http://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/are-you-the-one-mum-that-can-make-a-difference/ about how things ARE changing for the better in Africa in so many ways and then consider signing  up to support ONE.  I know some of you have done so already and thank you for that.  It is a great way to help our Groovy Mums sisters in Africa.
I will check this out once t'hubby is back to work and out of my hair and I dont have to keep sneaking off to blog, read others or using my phone to do it!

6. - Big Question - Do you have the right balance in your life?  Do you know what that would look like?  How could you achieve it?


SO that is Groovy mum's, some people just blog about what they have done for themselves or their relationship - all steps towards finding yourself again.

This was written as part of Groovy mums and the A-Z blogging challenge x

3 comments:

Blue Sky said...

I think the Groovy Mums thing would be for me too - I totally relate to the idea of not knowing what you like anymore. It's scary as it feels like I'm drowning under the weight of motherhood x

angelndskies21 said...

I am not a mom, but Groovy Mums sounds really interesting. I will definitely have to check it out!

Polly said...

Great post - you've been through the mill a bit, healthwise! I'm a big fan of complementary therapies too, glad it worked for you. I'd like to subscribe by email, but don't see the relevant button on your blog. I can't do the Google connect thing, for some reason it doesn't work for me on this computer. Can you put an email button on for subscriptions? Will keep checking back anyway. Best wishes. Polly x